Our travels have brought us to Tenwek and I have finally gained internet access and am able to upload some photos, sorry they are small they are all I had patience for...I am slowly working at adding more...enjoy!
Original Post
We have begun our African experience!!!
~~~~~
We left home on Tuesday and flew 9 hours to London where we had a 22 hour layover. We were able to go out for a walk and eat at a wonderful Victorian pub in London as well as have a nights rest. After catching another 8 hour flight from London we finally arrived in Nairobi. On the way from the Airport to the Guest House where we are staying we passed about 5 Zebras grazing on the side of the road that our driver casually pointed out to us as we went speeding down the road. That's when we knew we weren't in "Kansas" any more.
~~~~~
During our journey it has been hard to know what time it is or what day it is or where we even are. During the night in London Big Bro, Little John and I were up at 4:30 am Little John was uncomfortable on the floor so all 3 of us ended up sharing the bed. After only a couple hours of good sleep we were woken up to prepare to depart on our next flight.
Our meals were really sporatic and with the flights it was hard to know when one day started and the next day began. With the addition of the time change we hardly knew what time of day it was or what meal we were eating.
Big Bro watching the sun set through airplane window.
After finally arriving in Nairobi we crashed into bed and went to sleep. When we woke up this morning in Africa it was hard to believe! I was dreaming about preparing for Kenya and in my dream Little John said that we were leaving that night. I woke up in a shock and then realized that I was already in Kenya!
The adventure begins...starting with a trip to buy food...
Em
PS Hopefully I will be able to upload the pictures soon, but I am currently being called away for lunch and have no patience for the internet.

2 comments:
Yay!
You're there! I am so happy your flights were good, and you all stayed safe.
I am praying for you,
Kris
We wish we could have seen your faces when you guys saw those zebras; or the faces of the Zebras when they saw 5 white friendly Canadians!!! Glad you made it safely.
Post a Comment