5, 4, 3, 2, 1, gone.
It is tempting to freak out, lament the rapid passing of time, contemplate each passing day, stare at the calendar counting down days, try to convince yourself it is not actually the day the calendar displays, but what good will that do?
Each week I open a not from a friend and a few weeks ago the card held a simple phrase on the front that was really impacting.
“Don’t count the days. Make the days count!”
It is a phrase I have heard before but it was really good to be reminded...stop counting and start making it count!
Instead of seeing another day gone, I can look from the perspective, "today I prayed with someone," "today I cared for an orphan," "today I followed God's promptings," "today God made my day count," etc.
Em and orphan baby in NICU.

And I can see tomorrow as another oppertunity to serve, and make the day count.
Making each day count,
Em

3 comments:
Great advice. I'm really enjoying this blog.
And if you can sneak one or two of those orphans in your suitcase, I'll take them off your hands when you get home. :) So precious.
Glad you are enjoying the blog :-)
If it were that easy to bring those precious bundles home I would have the plane full! Unfortunately that is not the case and I am leaving my heart all over Kenya.
Em
Hi Welsh Family!!
SO SO great to read your blog and hear how youre all doing! What a fantastic adventure for everyone! Africa is so beautiful, thank you for your amazing pics (very high quality by the way!) I cant wait to return myself! Miss you guys
xoxox
Rae Dalzell (Nickel :)
Post a Comment